In Sermons, you can create different channels for different types of videos that you want to stream live or save to watch any time. For example, you might have separate channels for a Contemporary Service, a High School Service, or a Membership Class.
If you have set up channels to organize sermon episodes by topic, we recommend that you convert those channels to a series.
Create a Channel
To create a new channel, go to the Sermons page and click New channel.
Channel Description and Visibility
Set up the channel information in the Settings tab.
- Upload channel artwork. We apply cropping to an image to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Add a title for the channel.
- Publish or hide the channel on Church Center.
- Add a channel description.
Update Episode Settings
Update the settings to apply to all episodes in the channel.
- Enable live streamed videos on the channel.
- Enable chat during a live message for people who are logged in to Church Center. Members of groups can chat with each other if their group has enabled messaging. Anyone who is logged in can participate in general chat.
- Set the default times for the service. These default times can be edited in each individual episode.
- Set the number minutes that you want a stream to start before the default start time.
To enable General or Group Chat during a live video, you must have subscription to Planning Center Groups, even if your subscription is at the free level.
Create a New Series
If you want to create sermon series to organize the episodes in your channel, go to the Series tab and click New series.
After your channels are set up, you can set up episodes for specific videos.
Edit a Channel
To edit a channel in the Sermons page, click the channel name.
In the header, edit the channel image and title or click the Actions menu to delete the channel or convert the channel to a series.
Make any other needed changes in the Series or Settings tabs.
Drag and drop channels to rearrage them.
The changes you make will be reflected on the Church Center channels page.